Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Wednesday and a Busy Day

I did not sleep well last night. My shoulder and right arm ached. Finally I took three melatonin tablets but they didn't work either. So I took two Aleve but still couldn't get to sleep. Finally, I broke down and took a Benadryl and finally got to sleep. I slept until 4:45AM and then just got up and got myself ready for the day. I had my coffee and Chai. I am meeting Bob for breakfast in Coffeyville. Then I will have my hair done and afterward go over to Stan's to buy some hearing aid batteries. After that, I will go to Woodshed and get gas and then to the library and take the two books back and see if I can find another two for the next week's read. Finally, I will go to Walmart and buy a few things I need. Then I will come on back home. No games today. I want to leave in ten minutes.

A couple of cats have been here this morning and finished off the cat food. I refilled the bowls in hopes of leaving some for some more of them.

More later....

I got almost all my errands done this morning except getting John's birthday gift, I will do that tomorrow morning before I go to the Red Cross bloodmobile at the First Baptist Church to give blood at noon. The place was not open when I was over there this morning. I came back home early since there were no games at the senior center today.

I read most of the afternoon and then went over to Nancy's to give her the newspapers. She did not answer the doorbell and may have been sleeping. She sleeps an awful lot anymore. She doesn't feel good much of the time but I cannot get her to go see a doctor. 

Karen Rankin came over for awhile this morning to visit just before noon. She is preparing for an auction at her Caney building and when all that stuff is gone she will put the building up for sale. She has her little cabin at Havana lake for sale now but it is in an unfinished state at this point.

After I left Nancy's, I went over to Myrtle's Market and looked around a bit but didn't see anything particularly interesting. They have a lot of fall decor out but I couldn't get in the mood to decorate.

More later....In another hour or so, I will make up a blueberry smoothie for my supper. It is nearly 4:00PM now.

Nancy came over as I was making my blueberry smoothie and so we shared it.  There was plenty for both of us and she gave me the blue berries.

I watched another episode of "Murder She Wrote" on my Amazon Prime at 7:00PM and then at 9:00PM, I went on to bed.

3 comments:

Annsterw said...

I heard if you take too much melatonin it works in reverse. I think I heard that in Dr. Oz. They said take 3 mg first and if that does not work go to 5mg. Also said 5mg is the most to take or it reverses the effect and wakes you. Google it; I am pretty sure it is true.
Good luck - not sleeping stinks!

pat m said...

What happens when the kitties have kitties and those kitties have kitties?

Margie's Musings said...

I am sure I don't have a clue, pat m. That may happen that's for sure. But I cannot let them starve.