Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Tuesday and a Trip Back to Independence

I slept well last night. I have had my oatmeal and coffee and got myself ready for the day and then fed the cats. The little yellow one and the mama cat were waiting for me to refill the dishes.

I baked my cake for next week this morning and will take it to Bob tomorrow when I am in Coffeyville and he can put it in his freezer at home. That will keep him from having to stop at the church next week.

I checked my bank account again and found the K-Wash had still charged me $10.00 for the $4.00 car wash so I decided to go back up to Independence and try to get a refund. They had no listed telephone number.

So I made another trip to Independence 22 miles up there and 22 miles back. For nothing. The girl who works there said it was a"security"issue and tomorrow the charge would be $4.00. I looked today, 24 hours after the car wash, and they still had $10.00 charged to me for the car wash. At least now she gave me their number so I can call them if they don't refund my $6.00. I definitely will not use that car wash again. That's outrageous! What is is that a car wash needs to charge $10.00 for an ordinary express $4.00 car wash?

Anyhow, on the way back home, I stopped at the kids' and saw the puppies again. They are so cute! And again, I forgot to take some photos of them.

More later...

Now I am charged just $4.00 for the car wash. They refunded the $6.00 charge.

Now I ate the rest of my cashew chicken from Sunday for my lunch. Then at 2:00PM or so, I went out and mowed the back yard.  I will ask Krystal if she will get one of her daughters to mow the west yard for $10.00. That's the largest area. I did the front last weekend and the back this afternoon.

I addressed some more manila envelopes for classmates this afternoon too. I will need to make some more copies tomorrow morning after I get my hair done. I will need to go to Dollar General and get some more folders too and I will need some more manila envelopes before next week. Then when I get back to Caney, I will need to get them in the mail.

More later...

2 comments:

Annsterw said...

Glad the overcharge issue was resolved - I hate when those things happen. Have a great day!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks Annsterw!