Sunday, November 3, 2019

Sunday and Church

I had a terrible time getting to sleep last night. The minute I laid down, my sinus's started draining.  I blew and blew but I was just drowning in my own juices. Finally I gave up and took a Benadryl tablet. I dried up and then I finally got to sleep.

I woke up at my usual 5:00AM but of course with the end of daylight saving time, It was actually 6:00AM. I felt terrible but after I had my oatmeal and coffee I felt a little better. I hope to feel a lot better after I get to church since I am speaking today. I am prepared but don't feel particularly confident. I am scheduled again on December 1st. That the day before my 84th birthday. The theme that day is "Wait in Hope".

I just called Bob. I always message him every morning and he didn't message me back.  He was fine but getting around slowly.

It's daylight now and I am going out to church early again. I have a lot of preparation to do for the service. It's also communion. It will be a small group. Everyone told me that last week. They all have other plans I doubt we'll have many. That's alright. The regulars will be there.

More later....

I was amazed. Many more came out then I imagined. It was, in fact, one of our larger crowds. The ones I knew would not be there  were not but many more came then I imagined and there was a good crowd.

Five of us went out to El Pueblo for lunch. I ate way too much and brought almost half of it home with me in a box. I will eat it tomorrow.

I got my newsletters finished and out in the mailbox with the flag up. Then I noticed my neighbor across the street was mowing. I decided to mow my leaves myself and got the mower out and gassed it up and began. I got about half the front yard done and was completely played out! .That's amazing! I mowed all summer except for August which Leslie and John paid to have mowed for me and was fine with it. I usually mowed both the front and the back one day and saved the west side for the next day. I did that all summer. It never exhausted me.  But I am played out now. So I got hold of Krystal and asked her if one of her girls could mow for me one last time to mow the leaves. I haven't heard back from her yet.

I even have a hacking cough from the effort. I may have to pay someone to do my yard next year. By then I will be 84. Wow! Now I wish I had my little Dixon mower. I could ride it and mow. Trouble is..it didn't have a bag like this one of John and Leslie's does.

Oh well....maybe after I rest up, I can finish the front. It's 4:23PM now.

More later...

I didn't ever rest up enough to finish the front yard. Maybe this afternoon I can get it finished. There's really no rush. The grass is not growing. I contacted the mother of the little girls, Krystal who mowed for me in August to see if one of the girls would mow this last time for me, but she never got back with me.

So I will try to get it done myself later this afternoon as long as the weather holds.

Nancy came over later this afternoon. She was anxious to find out what happened to Dale's friend, Josh, who died last week and I saw the funeral procession at the Cornerstone Church on Friday. I had heard he had committed suicide but I am not sure who told me that. We found the obit online at the Chronicle but, of course, it didn't give the reason for his death.

After she left I watched TV for awhile. Bull was on at 7:00PM and I contacted her to tell her about it. She had wanted to check it out. It is usually on Monday evenings at 9:00PM.

After that was over I took my bath and watched an episode of "Murder She Wrote" and then went on to bed a little after 9:00PM.

No comments: