Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

I slept well last night and got up at 5:00AM. I dressed and ate my breakfast and fed the cats and kittens. I don't have a plan for today. It's been awhile since I've seen Gay and I am thinking of driving up to Chanute to visit her.

I will wait until later to text her or call her to see if she has plans. It is plenty cold this morning.  I also want to see if they have snow.. I sure don't want to drive in the snow.

More later....The most aggravating thing just happened this past week. I am supposed to use a cream medication that was prescribed by the woman doctor that did my surgery at Kansas City Med Center. I tried to refill the med as usual and she told the pharmacy she refuses to refill it until I see her again.

l cannot drive up to Kansas City to see her. The Midwest Compounders Pharmacy at Lenexa suggested that under those circumstances, that I get my family doctor to prescribe it for me. They refill it for just a fraction of the cost from another pharmacy. It's $65 a month from the Midwest Compounders and I checked with my local Coffeyville pharmacy and they would charge me $300 for that same cream.

I called the doctors office in Coffeyville on Friday to ask the nurse to pass on my request to the doctor since he was not in the office on Friday. I gave her all the information and the name of the medication and the telephone number of the Midwest Compounders Pharmacy at Lenexa, She suggested I call back today (Tuesday). to see if that worked out so I did that. It seems the doctor is out today too. She could not find her note to him and did not know if he did that or not. I will be in Coffeyville tomorrow and will drop by the doctor's office to see if he would do that. If he won't I will just stop using that cream.

How incompetent!!! So typical of today's world.

I went out to Sonic at 1:00PM and had a child's lunch. .. two chicken strips, tater tots, and a small coke. Gay called while I was there and she and Adele made a date with me for lunch on Monday, December 23rd at Eggberts here in Caney. They have an appointment with Dr. Eslicker in Bartlesville that afternoon.

Then I spent the afternoon getting my Christmas letters and Christmas cards out. I will just have some last minute cards to do later. It's nearly 4:30PM now. I am going to watch the 4:00PM news while I do this.

I did pretty much all the cards and letters except for the last minute ones.

At 5:20PM I watched the news, such as it was,  and then at 7:00PM, I took my bath and watched "Murder She Wrote" on Amazon Prime. At 9:00PM I went on to bed.  

No comments: