Sunday, January 26, 2020

Sunday and the Sermon

I slept pretty well last night. I did wake up a couple of times with noise outside. Once I got up and took my flashlight out to the second bedroom (den) and shined it out the door but could see nothing that would be making the noise. So I just went on back to bed. It's probably just the furnace making the noise but after that attempted break in next door in this duplex last month, I am cautious.

I got up shortly before 5:00AM. I had my oatmeal and coffee and chai and started the coffee cake for the Sunday school class.  It is in the oven now. I took my blood pressure again this morning. It has been weird ever since I gave blood last week.Yesterday it was 155/69 and heart rate of 89...way too fast. It is usually about 62.  This morning it was 138/62 with heart rate of 78...still faster then usual.  Oh well, I have a 10:30AM appointment with the doctor Wednesday. I am hoping by then everything will be back to normal.

I have the sermon at church this morning. The theme today is from Isaiah and I prefer doing the message on the New Testament. I had to work to make the theme more about Jesus and his message of love and peace.

The coffeecake is nearly finished baking. I will take it out of the oven to cool in a bit then ice it after it cools.

Two of the cats are out there and so I took out their food. Yellow Tom was out there too.

Mama cat is the only one out there now. So I brought in the bowls as soon as she was finished eating.

The coffee cake is cooling now.

More later....

I got the coffee cake iced after it was cool and about   8:15AM I loaded things into the car and took off for the church. I got the worship center done and cut the coffeecake and did some cleaning.

After the church school class arrived, we had our lesson. At about 10:45, we got ready for the worship service. I have the service this Sunday. I was not altogether happy with my message but since it was taken from Isaiah, I was not sure why that theme was chosen,  I prefer the New Testament.

After church Phyllis and I went over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for lunch. It was very good and the were mostly full.

Then I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car and I came on back home. I read for awhile and then later in the afternoon I went over to Nancy's to take her the leftover coffeecake. Once again she was hurting with her arthritis.

I stayed until her caregiver came to make sure she took her meds. Then I left and came home to read the rest of my book.

I read until 7:00PM, when I took my bath and then came back to my book until 9:00PM when I went on to bed.

No comments: