Friday, April 24, 2020

Friday and a Newsletter

I had another bad night's sleep. It wasn't just the right arm although that was a problem as usual. Now my right foot had developed cramps. I got up and took a couple of Hyland's pills that I usually take for leg cramps but they didn't do anything for it. I ended up taking a couple of Aleve's and that fixed it.

I got up about 5:30AM and fixed my oatmeal and coffee. Then I checked on the cats. Scruffy gray cat and both yellow cats were waiting for me to bring out the cat food.  I haven't seen mama cat since she got into that fight with Big Yellow Tom a couple of days ago. I hope she is alright but she took a terrible beating.

I see Big Yellow Tom is back for more food. I had refilled the bowls. But mama cat didn't come. Poor little thing. When I moved here she was the only cat I was feeding. Then she had that litter of kittens in the spring. Now they are mostly grown.


More later...I want to get my Chai Latte and a breakfast bar.

I started printing off a newsletter for those in our congregation that don't have computers for e-mail but before I finished I ran out of ink for my printer. I'll make a quick trip to Independence and stop at their Wal Mart and buy a set this morning..As it is, I will have to address the envelopes by hand if I want to get them in the morning mail here in Caney.

We are supposed to get rain again this afternoon. I am so glad the grass was mowed yesterday evening.

More later...I'd better get those envelopes addressed.

I put the envelopes in the mail here in Caney and went on to Independence to get my ink cartridges. I stopped at John's and gave him the little  toys I had collected for the little girls. Then I drove over to Alberta's and saw the barn John painted. It looked neat!!

I stopped at Scott Mills' and he straightened the dent in my fender. It wasn't really dented...more like it was pulled out and he tucked it back in.

Then I got back home before the rain started...just barely. I had grabbed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich before I left. I had been on the phone with Cox Complete Care for four hours but he did get my printer to work again. I printed off Chris' letter and put it in the mail before I left.

I got home just as the rain was starting. I called Cox again about the Hotspot they are wanting to give us so anyone can access the internet and their e-mail at my house without additional charges. I wanted to know if that was going to be any additional expense.

It's time for the news now. I'll get back to this later...

The hotspot will not cost any additional funds. So I guess I will let them put it on my computer. Also it will not impact my wifi.

I finished my latest book. Now, once again, I have nothing to read. I am listening to music on Alexa now.  The weather is taking over the TV right now. I guess I could go to Amazon Prime. I see they are offering some first run movies. There are so few movies anymore that I care anything about. The last one I saw was the latest Tom Hanks movie and I saw that at the theater. in Independence.It's 7:55PM now. If I can tough it out for another half hour, I will go on to bed.

I came back into the living room and told Alexa to cancel the music and opened the door and the young yellow cat was there waiting for his dinner so I put out all three bowls just in case one of the others comes to eat and I don't want any more fights between them if I can help it.

No comments: