Sunday, May 24, 2020

Sunday and Meeting With Relatives

I slept pretty well last night. The arm hurt some but nothing like usual. I was able to sleep until 3:00AM when I got up to go to the bathroom. From then on it was off and on. So I got up at 4:00AM. No sense just lying there.

I dressed and then worked on cleaning up my shoes.

At the last moment last evening, I decided to put some artificial flowers on my mom's grave.  I went out to Dollar General and bought a nice artificial bouquet. Then I drove over to Coffeyville to the cemetery. That's where everything went downhill. The roads there were nothing but mud. I even got stuck in that mud. I got out of the car and tried to pick my way over to the graves. My shoes were covered with mud when I got back to the car. The car, which had been clean, was filthy. But I was able to get it out of the mud. So from there I went to the car wash. I put my shoes and socks in the Dollar General bag I had had the flowers in. When I got home I took my shoes into the apartment and washed them off with wet paper towels and left them on the washer overnight to dry. This morning I polished them.

What a mess! That was not the wisest decision I ever made...that's for sure.

I will stay home today until Tricia calls and says they are leaving the cemetery.  Then I will call Bob so he can go meet them and I will leave for Coffeyville and Eggbert's myself.

More later....I will check to see if there are any cats out there waiting for their breakfast.

I fed two...one at a time. Then I came in and brought the plants in with me too and watered them. It's supposed to rain today but so far...nothing. It will probably be this afternoon.

When Tricia calls and tells me they are leaving the cemetery,  I will call Bob and tell him and then go over to Coffeyville to have lunch with her and her dad, Everett. If she doesn't call until afternoon, I will get to watch the church service from Toronto, Canada . It begins in a little over thirty minutes.  It is 10:27AM now. Everett will buy all our lunches. He still works full time.

I don't know whether to leave the plants out while I am gone or leave them in. I would hate for them to get ruined if there is a hard rain and wind.

It was 10 years ago today that my Bob died. It was the day before his 80th birthday.

More later...

Tricia texted me about ten minutes ago and they are just now in the little community of Dearing...so it will be awhile. They have about ten graves to decorate in Coffeyville. There is my great grandfather Pitcock, his wife, my grandfather, my grandmother and my aunt Mildred. My mom and dad and stepfather are buried across the road to the west. That's where I ran into all that mud yesterday. I have three places left in that plot but my Bob wanted to be cremated and so do I. The paperwork for those graves is in my file cabinet.

Actually it wasn't long at all before Tricia texted me they were on their way.  So I texted Bob to go up and get a booth or table and I would be there shortly.

We had a nice visit and this time Everett brought his sister with them. Norma is 9 years older then Everett and he is 83..maybe 84. He's a year younger then me. She seems in great shape for her age.

We had a nice lunch and visit and now it's after 3:00PM here and I have been home at least 45 minutes

I read for a couple of hours and then brought the plants in for the night. I am afraid it will storm tonight and I do not want them to be ruined. They have been outside all day so they have had plenty of sunlight..

Scruffy gray cat came earlier and I fed her/him. Then  one of the yellow cats.,a female, came and I fed her. That's all I've seen this evening. There's nothing on TV that I am interested in. I watched the CBS news but there was no 60 Minutes this evening.

I will post here and then play Freecell for awhile. I am reading a new book but I do not like it. I am reading it because I bought it and it's all I have to read. It is on my Kindle. It's almost 7:30PM now and I will try to amuse myself until 9:00PM when I will go on to bed,

4 comments:

ChuckFu said...

He is truly missed, look forward to seeing him again, when my time comes

Margie's Musings said...

That would be great!

Galla Creek said...

I am so glad you got to visit them today.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Sister-Three. I only see them once a year since the cousin's widower lives in South Texas. His daughter lives in Colorado. His sister lives in Kansas. They come back every year at Memorial Day weekend to decorate graves.