Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday and Another Terrible Night

Last night was another of those terrible painful nights. I woke up at 1:00AM, had been lying on my right side and the arm was so sore it was throbbing. I tried turning over on my left side, but that movement  itself caused bad pain. I guess this is something I am just going to have to live with. I was awake until 3:00AM when I finally got up and took two Aleve. Then I was able to get back to sleep until 6:30AM. The trouble is Aleve can damage your kidneys or liver if taken too much. But it's the only thing that helps. Tylenol does absolutely nothing for inflammation but Aleve does help.

Oh well...

Leslie just texted me she has ordered me a brace for the shoulder and hopes that will help. It would be great if it would. Sometimes taking my left hand and pressing on the arm will help so maybe this compression thing will. I will certainly give it a try.

The apartment is clean and neat and everything but a little bit of laundry is done. I may run a small load just to take care of my winter pjs and the towels.  I got up in the middle of the night and changed from my winter pjs to my summer pjs and then was able to get back to sleep. I also changed the furnace to AC since the room was 77 degrees and was hot.

Two yellow cats and Scruffy Gray Cat came for breakfast this morning. They ate and left so I brought in the cat food. Later, I looked up and Big Yellow Tom was there wanting his breakfast so I put two of the bowls back out there. He has eaten and left now. Now the birds are coming so I need to get those bowls back in the house.

I got the plants hung back outside. I hate having them in the house when they look so pretty outside. I need to water them out there. The painted birdhouse looks good out there too now. This has been a busy week. I still have the nightstand and the den desk to go through and organize. I may get that done today if nothing else comes up..

My cousin, Pat's widower, Everett, and his daughter, Tricia, will be coming tomorrow to visit. Every year they come back to the area and decorate graves for their family. I may take flowers over to the cemetery where my mom and dad and stepdad are buried. My Bob was cremated like he wanted so I have what ashes of his that are left in my storage closet in a package. The kids and I took them over to our church's campground where he wanted them scattered and scattered them there after his celebration of life. Tomorrow it will be 10 years since he died. And Monday he would have been 90 years old if he had lived..He died the day before his 80th birthday. I still miss him so much. We were married 58 years.

More later...

I am going to water these plants and then start on those drawers.

It's 11:34AM now and I have gone through the drawers in the den and organized and labeled everything. When I am gone, it should be easier for the kids to decide what they want to keep and what they want to throw away.  I am going to stop and have lunch now.

More even later....

I had a frozen turkey dinner for my lunch and now I see Scruffy Gray car is outside wanting his/her lunch. I took it out to him/her and he is eating like he/she  has never had a meal before. Maybe he/she thinks he/she will have to fight another cat for it. I see he/she has finished now and is walking away. I will. have to watch that the birds don't come and decide to eat what is left. I went ahead and put the dish in the apartment.

I had forgotten about my laundry and just now got it into the dryer. It's only towels and underwear so no big deal!

It's 1:20PM now and I haven't heard anything from Krystal. I had texted her to ask if one of the girls could mow this afternoon but haven't heard from her so I guess not. They may be out of the area for the holiday.The rest of the week and next week we are forecast for rain.

I guess I will read awhile. I have everything else done until that dryer finishes.

More later...

I folded the clothes and put them away.

Tricia called this afternoon and wondered if I could come over to Coffeyville tomorrow afternoon and meet her and her dad for lunch. I told her I would have to call Eggbert's and see if they were going to be open on Sunday...they were 7;00AM till 7:00PM. So I called Bob to tell him about the change in plans and then called Tricia back and told her what I had learned at Eggbert's. When they leave the cemetery there in Coffeyville, she will call me. I will call Bob and immediately drive over to Coffeyville.

It's 4:11PM now and I guess I have done about all the work I can do.I have been trimming my hedge now with some small clippers and got half of it done before I played out. It's too warm out there in the sunshine to stay out too long...but that sunshine sure feels good!

More later...

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I know you miss Bob so much. I know...
Larry wanted to be cremated too. I am going to have
a headstone and put some ashes there, but I have not
been able to accomplish anything because of this virus,
It’s like being stuff in time following his death. Just stuck.

Margie's Musings said...

Losing someone you have loved for so many years is so hand You really don't get over it. You just try to adjust to it, Sister-Three

And,yes, Laura, I hope the brace helps. I lose so much sleep over this arm. I asked the doctor what he thought about surgery on it and he said, "Not at your age, Margie. The recovery is very painful and takes along while and we have no guarantees it would even help." So I am just trying to live with it. If this is the worst thing I have to deal with, it's nothing compared with what others I know have to deal with. I mainly hurt just at night.