Friday, November 6, 2020

Friday and Laundry

 I have some laundry to do today and I will get it started right after I finish my coffee and Chai. It is 5:45AM right now and although I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day, I haven't turned on the TV yet. I have checked and computer and so far there is no winner for the presidency.

I will go check the "weather on the 8s" and then see what later news there may be. I will pick this up on the notebook in the living room.

So far, no update. 

I see the cats are still not used to the new cat food. If they get hungry enough, they will eat it.  They are doing better this morning. They may have decided to accept the inevitable.

I have that bit of laundry going now. Later, after the news, I will dust with those dusting cloths with polish in them. 

More later.... 

It is very foggy  here but no rain, Bob says it is raining in Coffeyville and the gutters are running over.

Channel 6 says Joe Biden is now in the lead in Georgia. All Biden needs is Georgia and he will exceed 270 and be declared the president. 

Pennsylvania is also very close. 

Biden is up 6,000 votes in Pennsylvania. There are still many ballots yet to be counted. These ballots are ones that were in by election day If Biden wins Pennsylvania, he will have the 270 electoral votes.

I have the laundry in the dryer now.  

I went to lunch with Nancy and then we worked on her TV to get the high definition picture to work That finally worked and I showed her how to do that. We went out to church to make her a copy of my programming schedule. While we were back at her house looking at the election news, Leslie called needing a photo of her dad in uniform. I only had one. He did  not like to have his picture taken since at that time he was very skinny. He had many pictures of his friends when he was in uniform but I only had two of him.  I sent one to her. This one.


Image may contain: one or more people and people standing

At that time, he weighed 128 pounds and he was 5 ft. 10 1/2  inches tall.

I miss him every day! We were married 58 years.

Here he was when he was volunteering with the Red Cross after he retired.


Image may contain: one or more people and people sitting

157 pounds here.

My favorite picture of Bob.


I will take my bath now. 

It is 7:00PM. I will read until 9:00PM when I intend to go to bed.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I know you miss Bob so much. I appreciate seeing pictures of him. Thank you for sharing these.

Margie's Musings said...

He was very service oriented. He volunteered for Red Cross for 12 years and then worked five years for FEMA. He was our church's pastor for a decade.