Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Wednesday and an Historic Day

 I know, I know.... you all don't know what is historic about December 2nd. This is my 85th birthday. I don't feel a whole lot different from the way I have always felt. But I have outlived everyone in my family except my great aunt Margie who lived to be 104. She went to sleep one night and just didn't wake up the next morning. What a way to go! I think she died in 2006. I think I have it noted somewhere on this blog.

I had a strange night. I had a lot of sinus drainage and had to get up to blow my nose several times. I finally just got up at 4:00AM. It was a lost cause.

At 7:00AM, I will pick up Bob and we will go to breakfast at Eggbert's in Coffeyville. After that, I will go get my gas and then run out to Wal Mart there and see if they have a smaller wreath for my front door. So far I haven't found the beautiful one Cyndi made for me. I know it's in the attic in a box but so far I haven't found the right box.  I have those boxes labeled but just haven't run on to it yet. There were a bunch of Christmas decoration boxes up there on the south side of the attic opening.

I am having a cup of coffee and my Chai Latte but no breakfast until I go to Coffeyville.

It's after 5:00AM now and I should go check on the cats. It may be raining out there too. I think it was forecast for today. They may not come for their breakfast if it's raining. I have very little shelter out there.

More later...I want to check "the weather on the 8s" too. 

I left here a little early because it was so dark. We had breakfast and afterward I went out to the Woodshed and bought gas and then went to Walmart and found just what I was looking for...a smaller Christmas wreath. I got my hair done and then came on back home to get everything ready for lunch. I stopped at The Shed and bought a cherry pie...made by the Amish.

Now I am waiting for Suzanne to arrive... 

Suzanne came thirty minutes later then she thought she would. She had gone to get produce for her family and had to wait in line. She brought a wonderful cheddar/broccoli soup and we had my crackers and cheddar cheese and afterward some of the Amish made cherry pie I bought at The Shed. She also brought me some gifts. It was some hand cream and hand soap and two boxes of that wonderful cinnamon flavored oatmeal and some cake....and a beautiful birthday card. I sent a piece of the pie home for Steve.

Keith and Esther  called me just as Suzanne was leaving.

I read some this afternoon while it rained. The cats, all four, showed up for supper. I gave Scruffie  some of her "special" food and the others some of the new food. 

Blonde and Inky are still out there playing in front of my storm door...out of the rain but near the water to drink. 

I am watching the 5:00PM Channel 6 news. At 5:30PM, the CBS news will be on and I will watch that. 

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. Between the bath and the bedtime I will read on the new free Amazon book I downloaded this morning.  

Maybe more later...

11 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Happy Birthday to you! Have a wonderful day.

clairz said...

Happy Birthday, Margie, coming to you from a loyal reader in New Mexico.

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday from a faithful reader in Washington!

Dianne said...

Happy Birthday from a faithful reader in Washington!

Barb said...

I hope you have a lovely birthay!!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for your good wishes. It looks like a good (although rainy) day. More later...

Galla Creek said...

Happy, happy birthday

Margie's Musings said...

Thank all of you for your wonderful birthday wishes!

Donna. W said...

Happy birthday, and may you have many more!

Betty said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoyed the day.

Margie's Musings said...

I had a very nice birthday with many well wishers who called or sent cards! Thank all of you for your blessings.