Friday, May 7, 2021

Friday Giving Blood

I slept very well last night considering I forgot to take my Melatonin. I imagine it was mowing the west yard that did it. I was very tired last night. I slept until nearly 6:00AM. That's unusual for me.

I have an appointment this morning at 11:30AM to give blood here locally. It to be held at the Cornerstone Church. I hope my iron is up. I have been taking a multivitamin with iron ever since being declined at Coffeyville last month.

I have had my breakfast and coffee and am now working on my Chai. I haven't had the "weather on the 8's" on yet or fed the cats. I am behind my usual schedule. I have balanced my checkbook though,

I will get back to this after I check the weather and feed the cats. 

The same three cats came for their breakfast. Blondie, Inky and Scruff. They are eating like they are starving but I know they aren't. 

I read in my latest Kindle book until time for my bloodmobile appointment.

I was able to give blood today here at Caney. I had plenty of iron in my blood this time after taking a multivitamin with iron for a month or so. Now I need to eat some lunch. I drank a bottle of water.

So even later...


I had my lunch and tried again to reach Nancy. I let the phone ring five times but she did not answer. Then I went over and rang her doorbell several times. Then I called her from in front of her home and that didn't work either. I rang the back doorbell then and finally I just wrote a note and left it the glass inside the storm door on her back door. She is so depressed, she is sleeping her life away. I noticed her plants had been watered and even though she has not yet planted the bedding plants she bought at the Independence nursery last week, they too had been watered. It's getting harder all the time to reach her. It's tragic.

So far, I have two lovely Mother's day cards!


No photo description available.  

My kids are very thoughtful.  The two wives and one husband are too. I couldn't be more blessed!

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Happy Mother’s Day.

Suemn said...

I'm sorry to hear about Nancy having a hard time with depression. It's very kind of you to continue to check on her. Because Margie's plants are being watered, it sounds like someone else is also checking to be sure she is okay. Maybe she wasn't home when you stopped by to visit with her. I sure hope that's the case.