Sunday, May 2, 2021

Sunday and Church Again

I slept fairly well last night but was awake and up earlier then usual. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for church this morning. Last evening I texted everyone that had a smart phone hoping to encourage them to come to church today. I will make my coffeecake today. I skipped last week because attendance was down and I didn't want a lot of leftover coffee cake. I am hoping it will be better today. 

There is no church next week. Too many will be out of town for Mother's Day. I think it's a mistake to cancel services but if so few would be there, there's no sense in having it, I guess. My daughter and son-in-law will be in Nauvoo, Illinois, working on our historical church properties with several other couples. They will be gone a week, I think. Karan will be keeping Kiki and Mini their two house dogs. John's brother- in- law will take care of feeding and watering the other animals and Octavia and Echo and Hoover, the outside dogs.

It's after 6:00AM now so I had better get the coffee cake going, check the weather and feed whatever cats are out there.

The coffee cake is in the oven and it has to bake about 40 minutes. I will go check the weather report while that bakes. Also, I will check the cats and see if they are out there hungry.

The regular three cats were out there and so I took the four bowls out for them... to try to avoid them fighting over the food...so far so good. Of course, Inky and Blondie usually share well. 

The coffeecake has about another 20 minutes to bake and then it has to cool before I can put the glaze on it. I want to leave here a little before 9:15AM so I can get it cut and some coffee made before everyone comes.

It's 7:17AM and I have the coffeecake out of the oven and glazed. It is cooling now. I have plenty of time for it to cool and get it over to the church. I just hope there will be a congregation.

It's 9:07AM now and I still plan to leave here at 9:15AM to get to church and ready for serving the coffee cake. 

 May be an image of bird

My early Mother's Day gift from Leslie and John..a solar cardinal for my flower bed. So cute!!

The coffeecake went over well. The two little great grandchildren were there too and all but one piece was eaten. I bagged it up for Kelly! There were almost three times as many there today as last week.

We ate lunch at El Publeto in Coffeyville and Leslie and John bought my lunch too. 

I can hardly wait to see how the cardinal glows in the sunshine!

I got home from Coffeyville about 2:00PM. We waited quite a time to get a table for 10. 


May be an image of flower and grass 

I got the front yard mowed about 3:20PM but that's all can manage right now. Maybe I can do the back later this afternoon around 4:00PM. It is smaller. I am trying to beat the forecast rain. I don't think I can do the west side at all. It's just too large. I don't have to look at it so I am not going to worry about it. After the rains are over this week, I will pay the little girl $10.00 to mow the west side.

More later...

I got half the back yard finished before I played out. I will wait until 4:00PM and try to finish it then. I can sure tell I have been sitting around reading all winter. I really need the mowing exercise. I got a few more swipes done about 4:30PM. I will finish it about 5:00PM when I get my second wind.... or is it my third wind: :)

Well, it took me three or four more swipes at it but I got it finished. And it's just now 4:55PM. I need to go open the gate and put away the mower so I will get back to this shortly.


May be an image of grass and tree 

I got the mower put away and since I trimmed last Monday evening I won't have to trim this week.  It's just now 5:11PM.  I won't worry with the west side. I don't have to look at it. And I couldn't handle the heavy clipping bag but I will have the teenager put it in the trash receptacle when she mows next. Now, I will go watch the news and later take my bath and read awhile until bedtime. I got quite a bit done today and am pleased about it. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so. It has been a big but productive day. 

I almost forgot. I am supposed to log on to Zoom and do the invocation for tonight's Mission Center worship service. Ted wanted me to log in at 5:45PM.  I still have 30 minutes.  I need to get my lamp in the hall.  I only have one ceiling fixture in this den. One of the light receptacles is not working. Steve tried to put a new bulb in it and that's when he learned only one of those bulb receptacles works. And there's only one plug in in the den too. At one time this was the outside and this room was a patio. They built another room on the slab. 

I participated in the worship service and then read until bedtime. For some reason, 60 Minutes didn't record so I missed this week. I took my bath at 7:00PM. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. 

John texted me this evening with more help with the solar cardinal. I followed his instructions and later went on to bed at 9:00PM.

3 comments:

Suemn said...

Your coffee cake sounds so good to me right now. ha! I bet everyone enjoys having it when you bring it to church.

Margie's Musings said...

They do! They usually eat it all.

Donna. W said...

Both churches I attend have very few people present. Sometimes it can be as few as 10 people at either one. But it's still worth going. Jesus said, "Where two or three are present, there am I in the midst of them." Those probably aren't the exact words, since I didn't look it up. But when our group at either church is so small, I always remember that. I'm always better for attending.