Monday, August 9, 2021

Monday and Reading and a Puzzle

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up once and went to the bathroom. I got up shortly before 5:00AM this morning and dressed and got myself ready for the day and am eating my breakfast now. It's 5:40AM. I don't have plan for today except to water the flowers and feed any cats that come for breakfast. I will read and work on the puzzle. Nancy is undoubtedly really gone to North Carolina this time since I haven't heard anything to the contrary. So I won't be visiting her. 

I need to call the Independence First Christian church after 9:30AM this morning and see if they are serving their dinners now. I haven't heard anything from them and we didn't last week either. We were supposed to begin baking our cakes for them again in August. 

I also need to call David Hill's widow and see if I can pick up my grandmother's antique clock from her now. She was supposed to have had a man come to put it back together again last Tuesday but I haven't heard a word from her. I imagine I will have to call her even though she has my telephone number. I only have David's cell number...not hers.

I talked to Mrs. Hill. She had company last week and plans to have the clock reassembled  this week. She said she would let me know when I could pick it up.

But it's only 6:05AM now. It will have to wait until later. I will go turn on the TV and catch the "weather on the 8's". We are under a hot weather advisory  through Wednesday. ...all in the high 90's. Now they are forecasting extremely hot weather all through the week but rain on the weekend...both Saturday and Sunday.

I have watered the flowers and the flowerbeds and fed Blondie. Scruff hasn't  shown up this morning. 

Now I will get back to watching the news. The hummingbirds are out there again...fighting and drinking that sugar water..

Leslie,my daughter, sent out a text to the congregation telling us that Chato Lyday, a young man who faithfully attended our congregation with his three young sons, had suddenly died. He was 44. He had moved away to Wyoming. He was not married and was raising  the boys all by himself. Luckily his parents were still living and he left a girl friend too. He was a wonderful father...very attentive to the boys. 

I sent a sympathy card to the woman who was the contact person explaining how impressed the congregation had been with him and the boys and expressing our condolences. He evidently lived at the Wind River Reservation in Wyoming. He was a Native American ...I believe from the Arapaho tribe. 

I worked on the puzzle for a couple of hours this afternoon. I made some headway but not a lot.

More later..... I just heard from Dean. He had intended to go to Texas to visit relatives and then stop by on his way back to visit me. However, now he has found he has a bladder infection so his plans have changed. He will keep me informed of his plans.

More later..it's almost time for the CBS news.

 I watered the flowers again. It is 91 degrees out there.

It's 7:18PM now and I have just finished my bath. I will read some more until bedtime at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So many passing. So sad.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is. The young man I wrote about was only 44. And he has three small boys.
A tragedy!!!