Saturday, August 14, 2021

Saturday and No Rain Yet

I slept well last night and was up a little before 5:00AM this morning. I have dressed and got myself ready for the day. I don't have anything but dusting on my platter today. 

No cats came to eat this morning. None came last evening too. They are slowly disappearing.

And Dean was supposed to have gone to Texas to visit relatives this week and drop by here on his way home to take me to dinner and visit. A week or ten days ago, he went to the doctor with a bladder infection and I assumed the doctor gave him an antibiotic that would have cleared it up by now. Can you believe he didn't even give Dean an antibiotic? He went back in yesterday with another urine sample and it was still raging...duh! Of course. It wasn't treated! Those infections don't get well without treatment. Even I know that! Well, yesterday he finally gave Dean an antibiotic but Dean had to cancel his trip to Texas and he won't be dropping by to see me either. That's just medical incompetence...and dangerous too. 

I had an e-mail from Sherry Epp this morning. She is our tour guide.  I hadn't heard from her after I sent her my money for our mystery tour. She hadn't even deposited my check. It was strange. Well, she had been in Topeka babysitting her two granddaughters and just got home to find all our registrations for the trip. She wanted to acknowledge them.

I will try to finish trimming today if it doesn't rain. The battery for the trimmer is charged. I may have to do some more raking by now. It depends on whether there was wind last night. I definitely will have to dust. And if it doesn't rain, I will have to water plants again. It's 72 degrees so far this morning and according to my phone it is clear in the forecast.

More later..I want to go check "the weather on the 8's" on TV.

I didn't catch the weather but I did go out and finish my trimming and sweeping off the mess. When I cool off, I will start dusting the apartment. It's only 77 degrees out there but I am sweaty. 

I finally saw "the weather on the 8's" They took the rain out of the forecast with only a 20% chance of scattered showers today and only a 10% on Sunday. So I watered the flowers and plants too.

I got all the dusting done and am finished with my chores. So I guess I will read again.

I've been reading for a couple of hours  and it's 12:39PM now. I had a frozen meal for lunch and some of that sugarless punch. I just got a couple of political brochures in the mail...that's all. I am rested up now though...that's good. It's 84 degrees now. That's not bad. But I did go water the plants again.  The leaves on the plants in the new little flowerbed were looking a little wilted.

It's clouding up a bit now so there is a slight possibility we could  get some rain this afternoon.

 
So more even later...

I made a quick trip to Independence to see if I could find refills for Bob's Zebra's pens. Independence's Walmart didn't have any. I did get my variety pack of Oatmeal though and some more breakfast bars. I also bought some gel replacements for replacement ink for those Zebra pens. I imagine they will work.

I bought a blizzard while I was there...at their Dairy Queen. That certainly wasn't on my diet but I seldom buy one so I treated myself. Besides there aren't very many Dairy Queens left anymore. I will read until the 5:30PM CBS news comes on. After the news, I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM usual.

P.S. I just saw the forecast  for next week. We have thunderstorms forecast for Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday next week. I won't get the yard mowed if all that develops. 

Wow!

No comments: