Friday, August 18, 2023

Friday and No Apartment Cleaning

I slept pretty well last night. I think the shingles are a little better  I still woke up with pain in my left under arm but I took some Ibuprofen tablets with a cupcake and it has subsided now.

I fed Blondie and also caught "the weather on the 8's". 

Today is to be 93 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 103 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 106 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 103 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 101 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 100 degrees and  sunny, Thursday is to be 101 degrees and mostly sunny....again...no rain just terrible heat...as hot as 106 on Sunday.

I think Blondie is finished eating now and if so, I will bring in his food dish.

I took Blondie's dish in and cleaned it up and put it in the garage and covered it.

Then I took my walk. It's 7:51 AM now. I got very little trash this morning but what I did get, I put in my trash receptacle.

More Later...

I will go read awhile before I start my cleaning. I am a little concerned about using my left arm to vacuum and to move the chairs out from under the dining room table.. It's sore again. Not near as bad, but still sore.

More Even Later...

My son, Scott, just called me and talked to me for  thirty minutes. He was in his vehicle on the way to Gallatin to the gym to work out. We had a nice visit.

Then I called my daughter to find out the particulars of one of the people on our church prayer list. He wasn't expected to make it through the night last night. Leslie hadn't heard whether he did or not. LeeAnn will get back to her about the result If he did not, and we will take food to the church for the family.

I  called my niece, Denise, and asked her to go to lunch with me today. She was willing to do that. I picked her up and asked her if she would like to go to Independence to the Dairy Queen and she was glad to do that. It was something different. Usually we go to Eggbert's. So we drove to Independence and ate at the Dairy Queen there and had their great $7.00 special. The trouble was...she insisted on buying.  She said it was her turn.  She bought!

Then I drove us back home. We had a great visit and she sent me home with more books that had been read only once. After I read them I will donate them to our library to sell.

On top of that, I have had no pain in my left arm. I will wait until tomorrow to clean after all. Right now I have no pain in it at all and I don't want to test it today. I will clean tomorrow instead after I see what tomorrow brings...

Sally just called to ask me if I wanted to go to Bartlesville this evening for the play at Theater Bartlesville in downtown Bartlesville.

I told her I would and she will come pick me up at 6:00PM this evening.

Well that was short lived! I logged onto to Theater Bartlesville's web site and they had two names and telephone numbers to call to learn about the shows they had scheduled. They have all been cancelled indefinitely. I am so glad I called the Angela Cummings listed there or we would have made an unnecessary trip to Bartlesville tonight.

It's 95 degrees out there so it's probably just as well.

I took my bath shortly before 7:00PM and then I will read until bedtime at 9:00 PM when I plan to go to bed. I want to finish this library book from the Coffeyville library so I can return it Sunday in the book drop. I want to read those books Denise gave me today next. I won't get any more from the library until I do. It's 88 degrees outside now.

 

No comments: