Sunday, August 13, 2023

Sunday and Church

 I slept fairly well last night but was up about thirty minutes earlier then usual. I guess I was a little restless. I forgot to get coffee cake mix this week and I had a blueberry muffin mix so I put it together and in the oven. It's done now and cooling. I don't know how it will go over for the breakfast at church. We will see.

Blondie came for his breakfast this morning and ate his fill of both the wet cat food and the dry cat food. He has left now. I brought what was left of his food into the kitchen.  I will put it away as soon as I am finished with this part of the blog.

I did catch "the weather on the 8's" and the week looks hot and dry. Today is to be 91 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun. Tomorrow is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 88 degree and sunny, Thursday is to be 93 degrees and sunny Friday is to be 93 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 101 degrees and sunny. It looks like a scorcher alright...especially Saturday.

More Later...

I took my walk this morning and just got back at 7:28AM.  I got some trash but not a lot today. I put it in my dumpster.

Then I texted Esther so she would know I am alright. Leslie and John are gone for the weekend. They will be back today sometime.

The muffins are done and have cooled. 

I am still wondering if Mike will be mowing for me again on Wednesday.  I know I wouldn't be up to mowing in 101 degree weather. Of course, that's a Saturday forecast.  But I may have to call Krystal and see if she would do it again for me if Mike doesn't.

I need a few things from Dollar General so I may go over to Coffeyville a little earlier if ours isn't open yet. It's only 7:37AM here.

I did go over to Coffeyville a little earlier and first I went to the bank and got the $50.00  for my week's expenses.  Then I went out to Wal Mart there and bought the few things I needed. After that I went out to the church and swept off the front walk which was full of grass and then put my muffins in the kitchen.

Melissa had a very good sermon this morning...very impressive. It was taken from Matthew and about Jesus walking on the water and encouraging his disciples to have faith in him...enough faith to get out of the boat and join him. The way she presented it was very impressive!

I will read this afternoon again and later do my letters for those who are not there today. We had a pretty good attendance this morning.

More Even Later...

 

No comments: