Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Missy Kitty


I am so angry with my cat, Missy. Yesterday she caught and killed three birds. One of them was a yellow finch. I am a bird lover. I sit with my binoculars and a bird book and identify the birds that come to our bird feeder. I realize killing birds is a cat's nature but that doesn't make me feel any better about her killing and eating birds.

When this cat is gone, I don't want another.

I got a switch I found on the ground on the ground and forced her away from one of the birds. Then I took it and put it in my trash container. Darned if I am going to let her enjoy eating the birds she kills if I can do anything about it.

I call her killer kitty when she kills birds.

2 comments:

Sansego said...

Your cat looks cute!

When I lived in Utah, I went to a Hare Krishna service, where they chastized me for eating meat. The person doing the lecture pointed out their cat, that was seen earlier with a mouse in its mouth. Even the Krishnas "excused" cat behaviour as being the instincts of a lower level soul who can't make a conscious choice to be vegetarian.

In the film "Jurassic Park", the scientist said of the T-Rex that was fed a goat, "he doesn't want to be fed, he wants to hunt. You can't just suppress 65 million years of instinct."

So, don't punish your cat too harshly for doing what cats do!

I love the post though. Cats are funny creatures to watch. My brother has two of them.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Nicholas. I love Missy although she is very independence and not particularly affectionate. I guess she reminds me of me. :)