Friday, August 15, 2008

Doctor's Appointment


We went to Bartlesville today to see Dr. Smith about my left foot, which has been swollen for a week now. At one point it hurt too but after a day of Naproxen, that pain went away. he x-rayed it but could not find anything wrong with it.

Afterward, we went by the Stage store so I could pick up a shirt they ordered in for me.

Then last of all we went by Lowe's. We found a door mat for our front porch that is large enough to keep us from dragging dirt and grass into the living room.

Our son, Scott, is to come this afternoon from Missouri. It has been about a month since he has been here. We are anxious to see him again. I will fix pork cutlets with mashed potatoes and gravy and we will have corn on the cob and salad with that. Then I will make an apple brown betty for dessert. He does love to eat home cooking.

The poor guy is still looking for the perfect woman. He wants to remarry as soon as he finds her. This is a recent picture of him.

4 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

If I were about 40 years younger I'd invite myself to dinner. Nothing like a good double dip! Your son and great comfort food. Beats politics any day.

Judy said...

That meal sounds wonderful. Makes me hungry thinking about it. My children all love to come home and eat and I have to fix their favorite things when they visit. Your son is a very nice looking man. He should not have any trouble finding someone. Enjoy your visit.

Margie's Musings said...

Unfortunately, He's having a terrible time. He's met two women who have confessed to having herpes. He's met a couple who were ten years older then the picture. He's met a few who were fifty pounds heavier then their picture.

Stacey Olson said...

Hope they fix your foot soon, LOL had to laugh at the son post. Is this mom's way of playing match maker?? Hope you have a nice visit..