Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Second Baptism

This is the day for our second baptismal service. My daughter, Leslie, filled the font yesterday and the candidate's mother and grandmother did some decorating in the all purpose room. It should be a joyful occasion.

There will be a basket dinner afterward. Hopefully we will have more food then we did the last basket dinner we had. It was pretty scant.That is unusual too. Ordinarily, we have enough food for Cox's Army.

I will make my pumpkin pecan pie shortly. I want it to be warm so I will put it in the oven about 7:45.

We watched "Sleepless in Seattle" last night. That was about the fourth time but it is such a heart warming story. I did notice how young Tom Hanks was though. We all get older. That's the one thing we all have in common.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

How true! I was reminded of that too as I watched an old Julie Andrews movie last night.

Balisha said...

Hi Margie,
Thanks for your comment today. I hope you had a blessed occasion.
We have watched that same movie a few times. It is one of my favorites.

Sansego said...

You should see him in his 80s movies! Very young looking!! He's been my favourite actor since 1985...though his choices in movie roles aren't nearly as good as it once was.

Margie's Musings said...

I like to see him. He is so variable.