Sunday, February 22, 2009

Another Enormous Day

This will be a horrendous day. I have to make a dish (a crock pot stew) and a dessert for our basket dinner today. Our Mission Center Leadership Team will be coming to conduct our worship service. After that, we will have a basket dinner and then a goal setting meeting in the afternoon.

Following that, I will do my letters and then this evening we have "Living the Questions" group to attend at Wanzer's home.

These kinds of days wear me out. There is no opportunity to rest. But I suppose they are necessary. There isn't a whole lot we can do to encourage visitors attendance at our church. It is located in the country. We have had a cookout/music once in the past and we invited the neighbors. Many of them came but it was very expensive and even more, exhausting, since there are only about a dozen of us to do everything. I am not a great fan of trying to encourage people to come to church that way. I think personal invitation is more effective. It is a great way to get acquainted in the neighborhood though.

We are very involved in our communities. That's our contribution to community building.

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

You do so many great things for your community and I know you are deeply appreciated! You are a great inspiration.

Margie's Musings said...

Golly, thanks, Sylvia. I don't feel that I do all that much.