Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Trip to Manhattan Kansas

Today we will drive to Manhattan, Kansas, to take our great granddaughter back home to her mother. We had her all day yesterday. She is 5 1/2 and not yet in school. Her mother had her in pre-school but it cost $400 a month, which is what our grandson pays in child support. She wanted to quit her job and stay home with Sage so she took her out of pre-school. Not a smart move.

The child spent yesterday playing with paper and scissors. Later, she played on the computer at pbskids.com. The only real problem is that mother is raising her vegetarian and she does not like veggies. She eats a lot of candy and cookies. I don't buy candy so she suffered a sugar deprivement yesterday. I had her dad over last night for dinner and had fixed Chicken Parmesan, veggies and salad with garlic toast. Then we had cherry pie cake after that for dessert.

She wanted a peanut butter sandwich and since that was all she would eat, that's what she had. I gave her one cookie for her dessert since she did not like the cherry pie cake.

Halfway through the evening she was hungry. I told her she would have to wait for breakfast since she did not eat a good dinner. You can't encourage a child to eat at meals if you fill them up on cookies. So she went to bed hungry.

While I was fixing dinner, a friend called wanting to use our computer. I told her and her husband to come on over and also to stay for dinner. When I opened those packages of chicken breasts, there were three in each package instead of two so I had a lot of chicken. I had that large salad, the veggies and garlic toast and everything turned out real well and we had a nice dinner. They had bought wine, which was nice. I don't drink wine but the rest of them did and it went well with our dinner.

We have a three and a half hour drive this morning to take Sage home so it will be a huge day. It will also be a three and a half hour drive back home. I have to get her up at 7:00 when Bob gets up. She's used to sleeping till 9:00 so it will be culture shock for her.

2 comments:

Mari Meehan said...

You know Magie, you blog is like comfort food. Just the way good people live their lives. It's always such a comfort.

Margie's Musings said...

Well, thank you. I appreciate your remarks. I enjoy your blog too.