Friday, March 20, 2009

Fun Day Friday


I think we will go to Bartlesville today. I want to look in on Stage and see if they have any jackets or T's I can't live without. I am still planning the clothing I will take to the retreat next weekend and also to the Restoration Studies Symposium weekend in April. I noticed last night that one of my pairs of brown slacks are a little tight. All the more reason why Slinky and I need that walk. I sure would like to lose five pounds this summer. I hope that's not a pipe dream.

Perhaps we will eat at Garfield's today. I like to eat lunch there. I also want to go to Dillard's and Penney's.

The wind was so bad yesterday that I didn't go out of the house until evening. I had a good book that I read all day and finished. It was another of Ehrman's books. This one was called "God's Problem". It discusses the presence of evil in the world and where the various writers of the Bible stand on the problem.

We went to a Red Cross volunteer banquet last night. At least that was what it was supposed to be. It turned out to be sandwiches. And we built them ourselves. That was not good for Bob. He seldom eats bread or potatoes with his diabetes.

I wanted to take Slinky for a walk yesterday but the wind blew something fierce. The wind plays havoc with my sinus', not to mention my hair. Maybe it will be calmer today and I can do it after we get home from Bartlesville.

Our daughter e-mailed us last night to say the bricklayers had finished their work at last. Now they can get the flooring down in the great room and put the trim down. Next might be laying the bedroom carpet. They still haven't finished out the inside of the garage either, all the grouting is not finished and the new appliances are not installed. They still have the lower half of the painting outside to be done too.

P.S. Scott called on our way home from Bartlesville and said he is coming back again this weekend. The Army will be sending him to New Jersey next weekend. He wants to see his sister's house again and has a date with a Bartlesville girl Saturday night.

This is the upstairs hall floor finished last week in week 36..

2 comments:

Sylvia K said...

I can surely empathize with you regarding the wind! It has been so fierce here and the cold just goes right through you. I need to get out of the house, but the weather lately has been very discouraging! Have a good weekend!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia. I hope it warms up there soon.