Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Lenten Luncheon


Today is another of our series of Lenten Luncheons. I went to Independence this morning and had my hair done and cut and had breakfast with Juanita. Then I came on home to clean up the kitchen and balance my checkbook.

In about thirty minutes we will leave for the First Baptist Church and the Lenten Luncheon and Lenten message. This afternoon I may get the leaves in the back yard picked up and bagged and perhaps even the mess in the remainder of the front flower bed. In the back right now the daffodils are blooming and next will be the tulips. In the front, I should have creeping phlox as soon as it gets a little later. I need to transplant some of that and thin it.

I need to get the cages around the peonies too before they get much larger. They will be laying on the ground if I don't. As it turned out, Bob got those cages around the peonies. It is so nice and warm that I did not get the rest of the leaves out of any of the flowerbeds. I did finish my book though. Oh how I love spring!!

Ivan called a bit ago and they gave him back his phone at the nursing home. I am so pleased. Nadine was with him and she talked to me too. They just needed an advocate and I am glad I could do that for him.

No comments: