Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Great Tuesday

As usual I went to sit with my sister this morning while her husband went to his breakfast. He also had a dental appointment this afternoon so I looked in on her again in the afternoon.

Bob and I went to Independence and took our daughter to lunch at noon then went to the market while we were up there. We had a ministerial alliance executive meeting at 4:00 and we also attended that. When we got home there were a couple of messages on the phone. One was the cement contractor we had asked for an estimate on paving the apron of the church's drive. He gave me the estimate.

The other was a dear friend of mine. She called to say there would be eight of us attending the Peace Colloquy in October. She has invited her sister to come from California for it too. I will stay with friends but since her husband is a judge, they will stay at a bed and breakfast there. She said this year the colloquy is during her husband's birthday and he turned down an invitation he has every year because "he was attending the Peace Colloquy". Needless to say, I was thrilled that it meant so much to a couple of Presbyterians as it does to me. Another three are also coming this year. They are Methodists. One is a retired Methodist minister.

That is so wonderful. They appreciate the efforts of peacemaking of our small church. We have 250,000 worldwide on the rolls of our church. We are dwarfed by the other Christian denominations. But our church, Community of Christ, has a great mission that compliments the missions of the rest of Christianity.

No comments: