Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Another Hectic Day

This morning I go to Independence to get my hair done and afterward meet Juanita for breakfast. I will have some time to kill until my noon meeting for the Independence Ministerial Association. We usually visit until 9:30.

I may go look for a new pair of black shoes. My black shoes are really worn out. I also need to start thinking about beginning my Christmas shopping.

Our son, Keith, called last night. He's received his contract to go to Afghanistan as an IT contractor. If the company gets the contract, he will probably go. It will be for three years. I dread that because it is my belief that no place over there is secure. We watched Frontline last night on PBS and that war appears to be a never ending conflict. The program was called "Obama's War". As long as our military people refuse to consider the culture over there, we will be pouring money and lives into that place to no avail. The military is wanting to continue to fight the war but then they are simply guaranteeing them selves a permanent job. Only the soldiers are putting themselves in harm's way. They and the civilians, of course.

The new IMA president wants to hold the meetings in the various churches instead of at Mercy Hospital. I don't think that will encourage membership because those who don't attend on a regular basis will not know where the next meeting is to be held. When we were meeting in the basement room and buying our own lunch, we had about six that attended. When Mercy's CEO moved us up to their conference room ad began buying our lunches, membership grew to 18-20. We will have to wait and see. I hope I am wrong.

I was wrong! We had 16 there!

Then tonight we have a weiner roast planned at the church at 6:15. I think it will rain and we will have to cancel but that too will have to wait to see. Wednesday evenings have not been well attended. We are too scattered and our older people do not like to travel at night. Again, we will see.

Hooray!! They canceled the weiner roast!

No comments: