Monday, October 12, 2009

A Quiet Day

This should be a quiet day...and I am due one after last weekend. Bob and I went to Caney to the optometrist this morning. It was time for my checkup. Everything was good. No changes.

The rest of the day should be quiet and I will read my book. I am reading "Jesus: Apocalyptic Prophet of the New Millennium" I have read it before many years ago but since I have been reading the writings of the Jesus Seminar, I decided to re-read the other side of the question. My favorite author is Biblical Historian Bart Ehrman and when I asked him why he wasn't one of the scholars of the Jesus Seminar, he replied that he did not hold to their views about Jesus. They have dismissed the theory that Jesus was an apocalyptic prophet. Ehrman holds that view. So I am re-reading his book and posting on my church's website.

Bob and I went to the market after lunch and bought some groceries for the week.

We had "Living the Questions" group here last evening and I served brownies with ice cream. One of the members of the group, Mona, a Muslim woman, fixed a wonderful lentil soup. I served it to those who had not yet eaten.

We got to bed about 10:00 and I had the best night's sleep I've had in a long time.

No comments: