Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally Keith is Here

Keith finally got in at 9:30 this morning. He drove 50 miles per hour all the way. It took forever. But he is here and we have had a great first day visit. This afternoon I went to the market and the guys both took a nap. I bought about $75 worth of groceries. They both slept like babies.

When I got home we put away the groceries and then I rested awhile. About 4:00 John, our son-in-law, came by to load the water filtering system Keith had brought to give to them into his pickup truck and out of Keith's car. Then they took Keith's car up to Gary's Automotive and had the computer run on it to confirm the diagnosis of the garage in New Mexico. Sure enough,the motor is dying.

About the same time, I started dinner. We had pork cutlets, mashed potatoes, gravy, salad, veggies and chocolate pudding for dessert. Keith was almost too tired to enjoy it. We went out to John and Leslie's after that so he could help John unload that water filtering system and put it into their garage until they can figure out how and where to install it.

Leslie gave him the grand tour of the new house. He was properly impressed.

Then we came home and Keith took a shower and went to bed about 8:00. Bob and I are watching "This Old House". Then we will go to bed.

It's supposed to be warmer tonight and Slinky wanted to stay outside and sleep on the chaise. I brought him in the kitchen but he wanted back out. We'll see how that goes tonight. It won't be warm enough for him to do that very much longer.


Anonymous said...

So glad that Keith has finally made it to your house. I know you all will enjoy visiting very much. Your dinner sounds so good. Sorry the car is dying. Enjoy your weekend.

Betty said...

Have a good visit with Keith. I hope he can revive his car while he's there.

Margie's Musings said...

I'm afraid the car is a lost cause unless he would be able to spend from $3500 to $5000 on it. And as a 2002 Dodge Intrepid, it's really not worth that much of an investment.