Sunday, November 15, 2009

Rainy Sunday


What a day! Last night, after I had taken my bath and had my PJs on, Bob reminded me that I had the breakfast at church this morning. I had forgotten. I put some jeans on and went up to the market and looked for my regular coffee cake mix. They didn't have it. I bought another couple of mixes, one for coffeecake cupcakes and another for a loaf size coffeecake. This morning I discovered that I had very little oil. The loaf mix needed a third cup of oil and the cupcakes needed a fourth cup of oil. Then I looked for the correct pans. The only loaf pan I had was a silicone one that I had never used. The other was a couple of cupcake pans.

I put together the loaf pan coffeecake first and added pecans and raisins. After that finished baking I raised the heat to 400 degrees and put in the cupcakes. They both came out fine...thank goodness.

I had bought juice and chocolate milk to go with them. Bob fixed coffee and we were fixed. I had a bunch of stuff to take with me.

This was Sue's Christmas Child shoebox project service. She talked about the shoebox ministry and also showed a video of the children who received the shoeboxes full of toys. It was a nice service.

After church Bob and I took Leslie to eat out at Hong Kong Delight. We brought half our food home. They serve so much.

I have worked for several months to try to get my computer network working properly again after reinstalling Windows XP last spring. I could never get the printer to work from my laptop after that. I fooled around this afternoon and finally figured it out. Keith called while I was working on it and low and behold he was able to help me get it finished so the laptop would even turn on the printer. Now I can work from the living room with Bob nearby if I want to do that.

Keith will be leaving Phoenix on Tuesday afternoon and will get here Wednesday afternoon or evening. It's a seventeen hour drive. He will stay about a week. It will be great to see him again. It's been awhile since Sara's wedding in Houston a few years ago.

Juanita and I are going to Joplin on Wednesday morning if it doesn't rain. I will be back home by 2:30 or 3:00 so hopefully will be here when Keith gets in. Bob will be in Tulsa taking his Red Cross class Tuesday and Wednesday.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Your breakfast sounds great. Glad you got the computer back to working for you and know you are looking forward to seeing Keith. Have a good week. I'm glad you had a slow Saturday below. You need a rest now and then! I love that you said "didley squat". I say that, too. lol.

Margie's Musings said...

That's one of the colloquialism my mother always used. I use a bunch of them.