Thursday, December 10, 2009

Thursday Boredom

I am bored already and it is only 6:15 in the morning. I do not like winter!

Yesterday, we did not go to the IMA meeting in Independence. It was just too cold to make another trip up there. It was 18 degrees but the wind factor made it 2 degrees below zero. Neither Bob nor I need that kind of cold. So we stayed home after we came home from my hair appointment. I think I will get my hair appointment changed to a later time on the second Wednesday of the month, if possible. That way, we can just stay in Independence for the IMA meeting. As it was, we went to their Wal Mart store and bought groceries before we came home. Brrrr, it was really cold! We had left Slinky in the garage, which he hates, and he was really glad to get out of that cold garage. It was a lot warmer then outside though.

I read most of the afternoon and later on put some cornbread in the oven for our beans. I had soaked beans the evening before and cooked them in my slow cooker while we were in Independence yesterday morning. They were really good last night.

I think I will bake a pie today for dessert tonight. Bob's glucose has been doing well and he looks like he may have put a little weight back on. He sure needs to. I would be happy to give him ten pounds if there was only some way to transfer it between us. I will fix pork cutlets, mashed potatoes and gravy and have cottage cheese for dinner tonight, perhaps with a veggie.

No comments: