Thursday, January 28, 2010

Doctor's Appointment

Maybe today we can get something done about this infection of Bob's. Now I wonder if even an IV can touch it. We'll know later. I expect Melissa to want to put him in the hospital today and start the IV. I hope it works. We're about out of options.

Nothing else is planned for today. If he goes into the hospital, I will need to leave Slinky in the garage while we get him entered and settled in. I know it might be difficult to get him in there after day before yesterday. But I will have to do it. It's supposed to snow today. It was supposed to have snowed yesterday but they changed the forecast to today and tomorrow.

On another subject...

The president gave a good speech last night but his focus was so splintered that I couldn't begin to tell you what he is going to work on next. Yes, he scolded Congress, both sides of the aisle and even the Supreme Court. (they did not look amused) Then he told the military they were going to do away with the don't ask, don't tell rule. They didn't look amused either. Good grief! When are folks going to come into the twenty first century? Our sexuality is just a broad spectrum of orientations. It's not something we choose. We just are what we are. Look at Bonovos and any number of other animals in the animal kingdom. Anyhow, that might be a good thing.

But back to the president...as usual he bit off way too much. I will be interested in watching how the next year goes. I think he may have alienated both sides of the aisle.

Update on Bob.

The doctor wants him to see the surgeon on Tuesday for a second opinion and the physical theripist on Monday. She will customize a compression sleeve for him and the hospital will order it for him.

So...no hospital yet.

6 comments:

Balisha said...

Hi Margie..
I'm praying for Bob and hope that you can get to the bottom of this infection. Hopefully IV treatment will do it. Keep us posted and tell him that people out here..who he doesn't even know are praying for him.
((HUGS)) Balisha

Anonymous said...

I completely forgot about the president's speech but have not heard any good stuff about it this morning on the news. It will be an interesting year ahead. I am thinking of you and your husband. I feel like I have known you for a long time Margie. Hang in there. Hopefully, they will do something for him. Love and hugs, Judy

Anonymous said...

God bless Bob, Margie.

FireTag

Sylvia K said...

I'm holding good thoughts for you and Bob, Margie. I do hope they find the best treatment for him.

As for the president's speech, I'm afraid it hasn't gotten the best reception and he has a tough time ahead of him. I do hope his next year is better -- both for him and the country. I do feel he's alienated a lot of people over the past twelve months and that doesn't help considering the current state of this country.

Hope your weekend goes well!

Sylvia

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sylvia.

I think I agree with you about the President.

Betty said...

I think the only place where the president's speech didn't go over well was Washington D.C. And, when he takes a swipe at the pundits, they always get back at him. They weren't happy about the speech, either. I'm finding it rather amusing.

Thinking about you and Bob. I hope everything turns out all right for him.