Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy Sunday

We had a small congregation for some reason this morning. But it was a good study and sermon. After church, we went with Sue and John to eat Chinese. That was o.k. I prefer American. I think Chinese is loaded with fat and salt..and probably sugar too.

I spent the afternoon doing my letters and getting them out on the mailbox.

This evening Bob decided to tighten up the line from the toilet to the shut off valve. But he did it without turning off the water at the main line. So the line slipped out and water sprayed all over the floor and walls (including the wallpaper. The wall paper may come off as it dries. If so, I will pull it off and paint in there.

Anyhow, I ran in there and took a rug to dam up the water so it would not go under the bedroom carpet. Then I got the sponge mop and towels and began mopping up the mess. He ran out and turned off the water at the curb until we could get to the shut off valve. What a mess! He will get a flexible hose for the shut off valve tomorrow and change it out.

I am exhausted. I took my bath an hour ago and will watch TV in my PJs. I have the towels and my robe in the dryer now.

Slinky came in the kitchen to sleep. For some reason, even though it's not particularly cold out this evening, he wants to sleep in. Oh well, it will get cold when the sun goes down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Margie, Glad you did not get water under your bedroom carpet. That would have really been a mess. My sister's hot water tank busted one time while they were sleeping and when they woke up there was a foot of water throughout the entire house. Boy, what a mess that was. Anytime, my Bob starts fooling with the plumbing it makes me a nervous wreck! Have a good week.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand. It also makes me nervous. :)