Friday, February 26, 2010

A Huge Thursday

Yesterday was a big day. At about 9:00 I remembered that I was supposed to put an ad in the Journal for the Lenten Luncheons that start on Wednesday. Bob and I quickly drove downtown and I talked them into getting it in tonight's paper as well as Monday. I hope they made it. Then we drove over to meet Jack and Marilyn for our trip to Tulsa. We had a great lunch and attended the class on the book The Last Week, by Marcus Borg and John Dominic Crossan. It was fine but since it was held in a coffee shop, it was much too noisy for 23 people to discuss a book. Next week they will hold it at the Trinity Episcopal Church there. We will not be able to go. We have Coffeyville Ministerial Alliance and I am secretary/treasurer. Maybe we will get to go the following week. Bob was not impressed but then both he and Jack wear hearing aids and probably missed a good deal of it.

When we got home we just watched TV. Bob had leftovers for supper. I had a bowl of ice cream and called it good.

Slinky woke me up at 12:30 and it took me two hours to get back to sleep and then he woke me up again at 4:00. So I am tired. Scott and Becky will be coming later on this evening. They will stay with us tonight and then go to Leslie and John's for tomorrow night. They will leave early Sunday morning because Becky has a woman coming to Fort Scott look at one of her horses and she thinks she may have a sale.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

That ice cream sounded good. Have a nice weekend.
Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Balisha.