Monday, February 1, 2010

Monday Cleaning Day

I was supposed to have given the invocation at the County Commission meeting in Independence today but we have freezing fog and I did not want to drive 15 miles in it. So I e-mailed a couple of other ministers in Independence and asked one of them to cover for me.

So, after awhile, I will start my Monday house cleaning. I will begin with the rest of the house and leave the kitchen/utility area for last. Slinky is sleeping soundly there on his chaise cushion.

Speaking of the chaise cushion, that was one of my better ideas. He has slept so much better and is not waking me up to go out in the middle of the night. He didn't wake me until 5:15 this morning and I got to sleep in until 5:45.

Our daughter called this morning. Our son-in-law thought he might have come up with the reason for Bob's arm swelling. It began about the time he started taking the thyroid medication. So John thought that might be the reason. We see the surgeon tomorrow and we will run that as well as Bob's H1N1 shot (about the same time) by him and see what he thinks. Since it has not responded to antibiotics, perhaps it's a virus or there is some other reason for the swelling like the shot or the thyroid medicine. He has finished this latest round of antibiotics now. That's the third round...each one more powerful than the last.

We have nothing more on today's calendar.

3 comments:

pat m said...

Marge all injections will as a side effect of redness and swelling . But I've never seen the amount you have describe . It sounds like swelling from the lymphthatic system.

Anonymous said...

I am so glady Slinky is enjoying his cusion so much. It is so cold here I am staying in. It was -4 yesterday morning and 10 this morning. Maybe, some warmup by tomorrow. I will be glad when your hubby sees the surgeon to see what he has to say. I am cleaning today, too. My house is full of dust!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals. We will be bringing those things up to the surgeon tomorrow.

You're probably right, Pat, but we will ask anyhow...just in case.

I would have thought at least one of those antibiotics would have treated the infection if it is an infection.