Sunday, May 9, 2010

Rough Day

It's been a rough day in many respects. Bob made the effort to get up and go to church because it was Mother's Day. Leslie had made reservations for the family at Tavern on the Plaza. The services were good and the meal was good. the two month old baby, Maia, was excellent. But during the services, Bob had to get up and go take some more pain medication and eat something so that he could. He came right back to the service but I could see that he was very tired. He is now taking his nap. He has another hour before he can take any more pain medication and he will just take Aleve then in all probability.

I will get my letters done and then tend to some paperwork. I am glad we aren't going anywhere tonight. Perhaps he can rest.

Later...he did get to feeling better. He needed to put his feet up and rest. Now he is reading while I deal with this post.

He has an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 2:15 with Melissa, his doctor. She will discuss pain management with him. Then Wednesday, he will see the oncologist and see what he has to say is the next step.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Balisha said...

It's so hard to see someone that you love suffering so. You just wish you could take some of their pain.I hope that you both can get some comfort and that he will be helped with managing his pain. We never know what is down the road for us. I've learned that we learn from these experiences and hope that someone will be there for us, when we need it.Take care.. Balisha

Anonymous said...

I hope they can work out something so that he can manage his pain better. I know this is hard on you both. I am glad you got some rest while Scott was there. Take care and know that we are out here thinking of you both and hoping for the best.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you so much Judy and Balisha.