Monday, November 8, 2010

Mulling Over Monday




This was a slow day. I had cleaned on Friday and done laundry so I just had to walk Slinky and go to the market. I am trying to work up the nerve to strip the wallpaper from my kitchen and paint. These are photos of my kitchen. The paper is beginning to peel in places. I would like to paint the room a soft tan with a darker trim color. I have even picked out the colors. But it will be a big job to cover that green and I will have to pull that stove out to paint behind it.

I'll think about it again. It would be a good winter job.....or fall. I don't know. Give me some opinions.

I went to the market this morning. I didn't need much since I'm not cooking anymore.

But it would be nice to have a nice fresh kitchen. It has been like this for almost seven years. A little paint can do wonders and perhaps some new curtains. It would give me a neat project.

Scott called this morning. He will leave for Germany this afternoon about 4:00. He said he would call again before he takes off.

4 comments:

Balisha said...

How about waiting until the holidays are over and then during January you would have something to do...since you will be in the house more. Holiday time is usually busy. Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Good idea!

Anonymous said...

I like to be able to open the windows to let the paint smell out when I paint. It gives me a terrible headache if I don't. I like the colors you are thinking about and bet they would look good in there. I don't mind painting once I get started. It's just getting started.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand, Judy. I only hope I can find some different curtains. I always liked those I have but I don't want that green in there with all that tan and brown.