Saturday, November 13, 2010

Quiet Saturday

It will be a quiet Saturday. For one thing, when I went to Orchelon's to get Slinky's bed cushion yesterday afternoon, I noticed a strong odor coming from my car when I pulled into the garage. It smelled like burned rubber. I raised the hood and looked under it but did not see anything unusual but that's not saying much. What I know about a car could be put on the head of a pin. After awhile, I will call Bobby and see if he will come take a look. I believe Karan and Bobby sleep in so I'll wait until 9:00 or so. This is very inconvenient. I need to go to Independence on Monday morning to clean Leslie's house and back in the afternoon to a board meeting at 4:00. Tuesday I was going to meet Gay for lunch. Wednesday is my doctor's appointment in Wichita, a two and a half hour drive. Thursday is clear and so is Friday but Saturday I am to pick up the boxes of dinners at the Baptist Church from the Angel Food Ministries. It was to be a busy week. Now I don't know what to do. I lay awake awhile last night stewing about the situation.

Oh well. More later...

As usual all my stewing was for nothing. Bobby came over and looked over my car and found nothing. Then he noticed the insulation on top of my hot water tank was getting hot and sticking to the hot vent on the tank. It was melting it and that is what I was smelling. I am so glad I had Bobby over to look it over. I would have tried to take it in to the garage on Monday and I would have been fearful of doing that. I have some great friends!

I will go out to church and make some copies now of the Temple School material for tomorrow's church school class.

More later...

I got that done and came home and made a pot of chili. This is chili weather. I have some crackers and cheese that I will have with it. I even broke down and bought some cans of Dr. Pepper. I don't drink much soda. It is so bad for us. We may learn someday that it and everything else that contains high fructose corn syrup is what is causing all this diabetes.

I also went down to the booth in the mall to see if anything had sold. Not much..I'm afraid. This may be a slow month what with Christmas coming up.

While I was there, Scott called from a train in Germany, coming back from Munich. He decided to get a 24 hour train pass and see some of the lovely countryside there in Germany. He called three times, in fact, just to catch me up on his evening. There it was around 11:20 at night. It was 3:20 here. He seemed to be enjoying his train trip. He said the train had huge windows and the scenery was fantastic. I'm glad he is taking advantage of his opportunity to see Germany. I sure miss him.

I mowed this afternoon...mostly to mulch the leaves. Then I blew off the patio and driveway to make the yard look better. I am looking forward to my chili for dinner. I forgot to eat lunch and had about five or six bites of my oatmeal before Slinky begged the rest off me. That dog loves oatmeal. He slept well in the kitchen last night. He seems to like his new bed.

2 comments:

clairz said...

Sorry to hear about the car situation but I sure am glad old Slinky gets a soft bed!

Margie's Musings said...

Me too, Clair. He sure enjoyed being inside last night.