Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve

I've procrastinated for several days and now I must clean my bathrooms and run the sweeper. This afternoon I will bake my cranberry bread for tonight. I also want to make up my dip. The peanut clusters are already finished. It rained last night but at least it didn't freeze or snow.

The animals were restless last night. Missy got me up twice and twice I put her out. Slinky got me up four times and I let him out to go do his thing. The last time, I left him out. He did not want to come back in and I was not about to argue with him at 4:00 AM. After the cold sunk in, he barked four times to be let back in but I ignored him. Hopefully he is smart enough to realize why he was left out in the cold.

Leslie and John had me meet them for dinner last night at Tavern on the Plaza. That was their celebration for John's new job. We saw Jack and Marilyn there with their son, David. He seems to be a nice young man.

I got back home in time to get a bath and get into my pjs and watch a rerun of This Old House. After that, I just went to bed. It's a good thing I did since the animals had me up so much in the night.

I took my neighbor some cookies yesterday afternoon. She just got home from the nursing home where she had been recuperating from a broken hip and arm. In August she slipped in the rain and broke both. She had a good recovery through. She was using her walker and getting around fine. I didn't stay or even go in because Slinky was in the kitchen at home and I needed to get back. She looked good. It looked like she had lost some weight but she still looked good.

I want to get some cookie tins this morning and take some peanut clusters to Jack and Marilyn. They are such good friends.

3 comments:

clairz said...

Bless you, Margie, for all your good works. I know it's been a very difficult year for you, but you never stopped thinking about others (even that naughty Slinky!).

Merry Christmas and I wish you the best New Year!

Balisha said...

Merry Christmas to such a busy lady. It seems that you are always seeing to others. You'll be rewarded some day. Have a wonderful day and I can just smell that cranberry bread. Yumm!
Hugs, Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Girls. I was just out to see Phyllis. She was completely unresponsive although she did say my name a couple of times.

How sad!