Sunday, December 19, 2010

Another Big Sunday

Today will be our Christmas Program at church. After that, we will have our Holiday Dinner. Sue is fixing the ham and the rest of us are taking the rest. I have made brownies this morning and my scalloped potatoes are in the oven now. When the brownies are cool, I will ice them.

Later after I get home following the dinner, I will bake oatmeal walnut cookies for Leslie's cookie exchange party. Surely I will be tired this evening.

I went to bed at 8:30 last night and slept real well until 12:00 when Missy wanted to go out. I put her out and then about 4:00 Slinky needed to get out. So I let him out...and she came back in. After about a half hour, Slinky started barking for breakfast. I got up again and went in the kitchen and bawled him out. He was quiet until 5:00 and then he began barking again. I gave up and got up and fed him. It's a good thing I go to bed early or i would get no sleep at all. He is lying here quiet now since I am in the kitchen with him. I brought the laptop in here so I could read the blogs while my potatoes are baking.

Yes, it will be a big day. More later...

The service and the dinner were both a success. The congregation gave me a"love gift" for Christmas and it covered half of what I paid out for my car repair. I was really surprised. I did not expect anything like that.

Later, I baked five dozen cookies and Bob A. and I went out to Leslie's for the cookie exchange party. Before I left I also did half of my newsletters. The party was great fun. We got back a little after 6:00. I took my bath about 8:00. I am really tired. It's been a big day.

Tomorrow is my last day as a chaplain until next time it's my turn. I will pick up Juanita at 1:00 tomorrow at her beauty shop. But first thing in the morning I will check with the hospital and see if they need me. Then I will clean my house.

While I am in Independence tomorrow I will go to Wal Mart and get the makings for my famous peanut clusters. I have oodles of cookies from the cookie exchange.

2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Mom can you send me Dads recipe for his Waldorf salad

Margie's Musings said...

Yes. I will send it by e-mail