Sunday, December 26, 2010

Church Today

Today I will preach at church. In our church we have several elders and we rotate the preaching/presiding responsibilities. It is my turn now. We each preach three times in a quarter.

Yesterday's Christmas dinner went off seamlessly. The casserole of chicken, rice and veggies was very good. Bob A. brought the rolls and my carrot raisin salad turned out well. Leslie had a surprise pie. It was a chocolate/pecan pie. She got the recipe off the internet. It was mildly received. She and I were the only ones who liked it.

We sat around and watched "Scrooged" on TV after dinner. I was happy the kids stayed awhile. Bob A. stayed half way through the movie but with his cold, he was ready to go home earlier then the rest of us. His daughter, the one traveling here from Wisconsin, called him in the evening and said they were running late and would be in too late for him and would just get a motel. They told him to go ahead and go to church and they would find Dennis, Bob's son who lives here locally but who never comes around, and invite him for chili too. They are fixing a pot of chili and I am invited over to share in that too. I assume it will be at noon. That was nice of them.

(No, it was at 5:30 this evening. I fell asleep in my chair and got up at 5:00 and went to Wal Mart and bought dog food for Slinky. Then I went to Bob A's house for the chili. So I did not watch 60 Minutes after all.)

Later I will do my letters and watch 60 Minutes tonight and relax. The only thing I have to look forward to now is the eyelid surgery. I dread it...not the surgery itself, but the recuperative period afterward. I have these animals to look after and they may be a real trial while I'm trying to sleep three nights in the recliner and keep ice on the eye. I told Leslie, if it snows next week, or the week of the surgery, I will cancel.

No comments: