Thursday, December 30, 2010

Out of Town Trip

Today, after Bob A. gets out of the doctor's office, he will come by and pick me up and we will drive over to Joplin, a trip of about 75 miles. We both want to get away from it all for the day. We will walk the mall there and have lunch somewhere good. He is good company and a good friend.

Then after we get back, I will just watch TV until bedtime.

Last night, for some reason, I was exhausted. I fell asleep in the chair mid afternoon and was ready to go to bed about 8:00. I just took my bath and went to bed.

Tomorrow night is the New Years Eve dinner/party at my cousin Sue and her husband, Dick's home. They have that every year and my Bob and I always attended. Last year, he wasn't up to the entire evening so we left about 10:30. We didn't know his body was fighting cancer at that time. We just knew he had lymphedema in his left arm and it was sore a good deal of the time. This year, my brother-in-law, Bob, is going to attend too. It's been a couple of years since he has attended. Phyllis had the newly broken hip two years ago and last year she had Alzheimer's Disease too bad to attend and was only able to walk with a walker anyhow. This year she is out at Windsor Place in the Winston unit and he will attend the party. The poor man has very little joy in his life anymore. He needs to do some of these things even if he feels bad about Phyllis' situation. As I have learned this year myself, life goes on. At least I have closure.

Late afternoon.....

The trip was very successful and we had a good time. We walked the mall and he bought new underwear and a shirt all on 70%. I went to Christopher and Banks and bought a jacket for $23.67 that had formerly been $55.00. We were both very pleased with our purchases.

We ate lunch at Crackerbarrel. We had their turkey and dressing dinner for $6.95. It was very good! Then we came on back home. We were home by 2:30. The weather was fantastic. It was windy but it got up to 60 degrees. We were both very glad we went.

2 comments:

Balisha said...

so glad that you both had a nice day out. We all need that from time to time. We are going to a neighbor's tomorrow afternoon for some appetizers. That's about it for us..Happy New Year my friend...Balisha

Margie's Musings said...

And Happy New Year to you too, my dear friend.

You have stayed with me this year..through it all.