Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Today's The Day!

Today's the day I have my eyelid surgery. It's probably a good thing the doctor is only going to do one. I hope that doesn't make me look any stranger then I do already. But I couldn't afford the $2,000 to do the other eye anyhow. Medicare won't pay for this surgery unless it is causing problems with your sight. My left eyelid droops and catches on my contact so it qualifies.

I only brushed my teeth this morning...no makeup. I look all of my 75 years without my makeup. I never approach a day without makeup so this is a first. I am also wearing glasses. The only time I ever wear glasses is in the evenings after I take out my contacts to give my eyes a rest from them. I have worn contacts since I was 40 years old. Two different doctors have told me I should give them up at my age and go back to glasses. Why, I don't know. I have never had any problems with then. I see mush better with contacts. And I don't get a sore nose or ears. So as long as my optometrist says it's alright, I will wear contacts. But not after this surgery...I can't wear them for three or four weeks.

I ate some oatmeal at 5:30 this morning. I am not to eat or drink anything after 7:00. It is ten till 7:00 now. My surgery is at 1:00 this afternoon.

This afternoon I have to keep ice pack or cold washcloth on the eye until bedtime at 20 minute intervals. Tonight, and for three nights, I am to sleep in the recliner. That will be interesting! Not that I don't sleep in the recliner. I do..practically every evening..but only for an hour or so...not all night. So this will be interesting indeed. I got Jerry, the Episcopal priest, to take my minutes at CMA tomorrow. I know I will not be able to be there.

I have to preside at church on Sunday. Let's hope things will be better by then or I may be presiding with two black and swollen eyes. Then on Monday, I have two meetings. One will be strictly social in nature....a coffee. The other is my MC3 meeting in Independence at 4:00. I am secretary there so I hope to be able to attend.

Yes, this will be interesting.

7 comments:

ChuckFu said...

Be praying for you Mom

Balisha said...

Keeping you in my prayers. I hope this ordeal doesn't hinder you very long in your busy life. Here's to a successful surgery. Love, Balisha

Betty said...

Good luck! I'm thinking about you.

Balisha said...

Good morning, Margie...I hope that you had a good night. Take it easy today and just rest...Dr. Balisha's orders LOL

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you and hoping the surgery went well. My Bob had that surgery on both eyes and it helped him so much and he looked so much better, too. Take care of yourself and let us know how it went when you are able to do so.

clairz said...

Thinking about you this morning, Margie, and hoping that all went well and that you are feeling okay.

Margie's Musings said...

What neat friends you all are! Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers!