Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Exhausting Monday

Yesterday was extremely tiring. I had the workshop for my job training from 9:00 AM until 3:30 PM and then I had to drive to Independence for a board meeting at 4:00. I got there with 5 minutes to spare.

After the board meeting, I came home and fed the animals and wrote the minutes and sent them off to Susie. Then I ate some yogurt and some cheese and crackers for my supper. I watched a bit of TV but then just went to bed at 9:00.

I have this workshop all week long. After a person sits for six hours with only two breaks and lunch, it's very tiring. The lecturer is interesting enough as lecturers go but his powerpoint presentation only worked part of the time and so he was constantly trying to keep it going.

I have sat through numerous presentations of this sort over the years of my work life so it's nothing I don't already know. But I guess a refresher course never hurts either.

I talked to Bob A. about Phyllis last evening. She was fairly awake as she ever is when he went to visit her yesterday morning and was able to spend some time with him. Nothing much that she says makes sense anymore though. It's a tragedy.

Anyhow, tomorrow is another day of the workshop. I did learn that it may be a month before I get my first check.

No comments: