Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rainy Saturday

It's started out being a rainy Saturday. I met my brother-in-law for breakfast this morning after we decided there would not be any more hail. Yes, it hailed again briefly at around 6:00 AM. Luckily I had my car in the garage.

I then went to Wal Mart to get a few groceries and some cat food and dog food. The animals are very expensive to keep. Still, they have to eat.

I will clean house this morning and attend Donnie's memorial service this afternoon at 2:00. The paper said she was cremated.

I bought ten things at the market and the bill came to $33.00. Wow! Of course over $14.00 of that was food for the animals.

Yesterday the roof man came out and climbed up on my roof. He said I needed a new roof after the hail storm on last Saturday. I called my insurance company and submitted a claim. I should talk to their adjuster Monday afternoon. If I should decide to sell the house this year, I would have to have the new roof.

As I mentioned earlier, I also got my appraisal on my house for tax purposes this week and they raised the value of my house $5,400. In this economy, that's ridiculous. I had made no improvements. I will get an appointment next week to go protest them...not that it will do any good but if I don't try, I know they won't lower it.

More later...

I did attend the services. I am always interested in how many Christians are actually "vampire Christians". (only interested in the blood of Jesus). That minister was like that. And he preached what I always refer to as "salvation theology". But it takes both priests and prophets, I guess. Priests keep us from going off the deep end and prophets draw us into the 21st century.

I came back home and let Slinky into the kitchen. It's going to be 28 degrees tonight. That means I will probably be awakened at least once tonight to let him out. And since Missy is staying in too, I may be awakened another time to let her out.

But right now, it's bath time and wouldn't you know, I forgot to get my bath oil today at Wal Mart. Oh well....

No comments: