Monday, May 9, 2011

Better Monday

Today was better at work. Sandra had some bills to pay and I worked over the invoices and sent out the checks and that kept me busy for quite awhile. I finished up about ten minutes from quitting time.

This afternoon, I need to go job hunting. I have to do that every afternoon for the next couple of weeks. This is the sheet that I need to send in with my time sheet in two weeks.

I ate my leftover chicken fried steak for lunch. What I couldn't eat, I fed to Slinky.

I did some white wash this morning so I have to get it out of the dryer before I leave.

More later...

By the way, it was brought to my attention that a Jewish newspaper cut Hillary Clinton and another woman out of the photo in the situation room last week.

Cut and paste this link into your browser and you can see both the original photo and the doctored one.

(CNN) – Faith has outweighed fact at Di Tzeitung, a Hasidic newspaper based in Brooklyn, New York.

The ultra-Orthodox Jewish publication ran a doctored copy of the iconic “Situation Room Photo” last Friday – you know, the one taken of President Barack Obama and his national security team during the raid on Osama bin Laden’s compound.

Scrubbed from the picture: the two women in the room.

It’s as if Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, with her hand clasped over her mouth, and Audrey Tomason, director of counterterrorism, weren’t there and weren’t part of history.

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/09/religious-paper-cuts-clinton-from-iconic-photo/?hpt=T2

Interesting, isn't it?

I did go out job hunting this afternoon but only got two applications. I will go again on Thursday. It's too hot to be out right now.

No comments: