Friday, June 24, 2011

Hoping For The Best

Hoping for the best at work this morning. I'm hoping they have some work for me. I have sat and looked at four walls for a couple of weeks now with perhaps two hours worth of work the entire two weeks. I simply can't stand to be idle.

I'm also hoping they will get the roof on my patio today. I talked to Vincent last night and he said if the roofing didn't come in they would put a tarp over the patio to protect Slinky for the weekend. I have a feeling I'm getting the run around on this roof thing. There's not a lot I can do about it right now though.

I'm going to meet my friend, Gay, for lunch at Cherryvale this afternoon. Bob A. is going with me. We are hoping Tony will feel up to coming. They are bringing their 12 year old granddaughter too. Gay says she's well behaved. We will see. First I have to drop by Independence at the First Christian Church and pick up a video the pastor has promised to loan me. It is an overview on Islam.

It rained last night. Luckily I had put Inky and Slinky in the garage. I don't know what I'll do this morning if it rains while I'm at work. I guess the old dog will just get wet. I'll open the shed in hopes he would go in there.

More later...

No work again today. I shredded about a dozen pieces of paper and that was all there was to do. Thank goodness it's Friday! Tomorrow we go to Branson.

Tony wasn't up to coming to lunch but the great granddaughter was very nice. We had a good visit. Gay and I did most of the talking though. I'm afraid we overpowered Bob A.

When I got home, I missed Missy Kitty. If you look closely, you will see where I found her.

No comments: