Monday, July 18, 2011

Monday at Home

I went in to work this morning at my training job and learned that they have cut my hours again and this time to twelve hours a week. I signed up for twenty hours a week in this training program but the Department of Labor has just taken a massive cut in funding for programs for low income people and the poor.

We are protecting the wealthiest Americans by not eliminating their tax loopholes, but we are taking it out on the poor. We are funding rich Corporate Farms with our farm subsidies. But our government has no compunctions against letting the poor take the blunt of their budget cuts. I will now have $387.00 a month income from my training job. I will work Tuesday through Friday three hours a day.

One of my neighbor's sons e-mailed me yesterday afternoon and wants to come over and discuss Genesis with me today. I don't know what that's all about but I am willing to discuss it with him. I do not take the Bible literally. I personally believe Genesis is similar to other culture's creation stories and is sacred myth. I don't believe it was written until after the captivity since all their records and religious artifacts were destroyed when the Babylonians destroyed the Temple when they took Israel captive. When the priestly group were returned to Israel after the Persians conquered Babylon, they wrote the creation story. I know tradition says Moses wrote the first four books of the Bible but the story of Moses death and burial are included there so Moses could not have written the account.

This conversation this afternoon should be interesting.

I did some cleaning this morning. I should have trimmed the yard but it got hot early and my neighbors would not appreciate me out there with my trimmer at 7:00 AM. I ended up trimming just before noon and came in soaked clear through. But it's done for another week anyhow.

This is really funny! All Jonathon wanted was to know more about the Genesis agency here which helps the poor with their rent and utilities and also food.

The internet went down this afternoon about 1:30 and I had to use my laptop to get online using one of my neighbor's signal. It came back up about thirty minutes ago. It's a mystery! Josh said it had been doing that over at Cherryvale too. He worked there this afternoon trying to get Cherryvale back online. I am supposed to keep track of it until Friday and then someone will be back to check out the new modem.

No comments: