Sunday, July 31, 2011

Salad Luncheon

Well, today is the day of the guest minister and salad luncheon. Ordinarily when we have a salad luncheon, folks come out in force. There's something about feeding them that makes a big difference. They'll make the effort for a social event. Well, they don't have to go home and fix lunch or pay to go buy lunch. That's a plus. Plus...there's the guest minster who is usually a pretty good speaker.

I will feed the animals and water the plants this morning and then get my salad started and that pie in the oven.

More later:

That salad was a big project. All that onion and green pepper and red pepper needed to be chopped and the lettuce needed to be washed and torn. It was really good but there was so much food that everyone took some home. I will be eating layered pea salad for awhile. I brought home part of the pie too. We had a nice crowd and they all mostly stayed for lunch. We had some fine fellowship.

Vivian had a great sermon too.

Afterward when Bob A. brought me home, John and Leslie were here cleaning up the limbs we cut down last Monday. They hauled them off to the farm.

I have the nicest kids!

I got my letters done this afternoon and out on the mailbox. Now I will just plan to watch TV in the air conditioned house. Slinky was in the kitchen most all afternoon but he wanted back out a little bit ago and now he is out on the patio on his bed taking a nap. Unfortunately, It's 101 out there. He'll be barking to get back in shortly, I'll bet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM, Margie. I bet you make good pies. Made me want to make one, too. I have not made one in a while. All that good food is what draws them in. Have a great week. Just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Judy!