Saturday, August 6, 2011

Busy Saturday

This has been a busy Saturday. First I went to have breakfast with my brother -in-law and from there went to Wal Mart to buy a few groceries and dog and cat food. Then I went to the church to take some groceries out there for our food basket and the school supplies I had bought last week. From there I went to Windsor Place to visit Phyllis. She was very tired and only spoke to me twice. The rest of the 40 minutes I was there, she simply slept. She must have been tired.

Then I came back home and dug out my old sprinkler and set it up to do some watering.
My newer sprinkler had a glitch in it and would not work properly.

I moved the sprinkler at 11:30 and Slinky was ready to come in so I guess I will do some cleaning, reading and reading on the computer this afternoon. That means I'll have to stay home.

I posted on the church's web board when I got home and watched this short video with a graph to show what happened during the Bush administration to mess up the budget so badly.

Here is a link to the site.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDC8pmfmYc4


Anyhow, this short video with graph and will easily show what happened to the nice surpluses we had following the Clinton administration.

This afternoon I have done some cleaning. I am having the Living the Questions group tomorrow evening. I have been cleaning "at" my house for several weeks now. It needed a good cleaning.

I changed my bed and washed the sheets, ran the vacuum cleaner and now I need to do some dusting. It isn't bad but when I have company I don't want to have any dust on the tables.

I will fix an Earthquake Cake. A friend of mine gave me the recipe. It's one of those recipes you start with a cake mix and add other ingredients to it. I am going to try it out on my friends. I hope it's good. I should probably get some vanilla ice cream to serve with it. We'll see...

No comments: