Sunday, August 7, 2011

Crowded Sunday

This will be a big day. I preside at church today. I will go to church at 9:00 this morning with Bob A. and then afterward, several of us will go to lunch. After that, when I get home, I will make up my dessert for tonight's Living the Questions group meeting here.

At 3:00 is the surprise birthday party for Jerry A., the Episcopal priest. That lasts until 5:00. Then I will come home and do some last minute sprucing up at the house. At 7:00 they will start coming. There will be at least three missing tonight. Joyce and Keith are out of town, and so is Richard.

But Jack and Marilyn will be here and bring Gary, Richard and Mona will probably come, Bobby and Karan should be here, Howard and Judy will be here and I will make ten. I think that will be all. They are usually gone by 9:00.

But it will be a big day.

Scott called at 5:00 this morning. I was making up my face but sat down and chatted with him for twenty five minutes. I know he is lonely and I always enjoy hearing from him. Leslie called last evening on her way to the market. We may go to Tulsa on Saturday to pick up her ring. Helzberg's replaced the diamond she lost.

I told her I would clean her house on Tuesday. That's the least I can do for her.

I haven't heard from Keith lately. He usually e-mails me. I don't think he has a free phone like Scott does.

Perhaps more later...

I attended the birthday party. I was really disappointed that only three of our ministers attended it.

The cake for tonight doesn't look all that good. It looks like an earthquake hit it alright. It's called an Earthquake cake. I may go get some cool whip to put on it to cover the cracks or ice it with a powdered sugar icing. I have a couple of hours until the meeting here. It had better taste better then it looks.

Update: The cake was wonderful and a real hit. I did ice it with chocolate powered sugar icing and that hid the cracks. The meeting was very good and there were seven of us. I served it with green raspberry tea. That went over well too.

No comments: