Sunday, August 28, 2011

Very Busy Sunday

Today I have church school and church. I preside today. Afterward I assume the three or four of us (depending on whether John goes along too) will catch a bite of lunch somewhere before leaving for the campgrounds.

It will be a full day. I may be wrong but I am assuming they will bring up selling the campgrounds and then renting it for our camps, reunions (family camps) and retreats. That will be an interesting discussion.

I imagine I will have to do my letters in the morning since I will be gone all afternoon.

More later...

It was a good service though a small congregation.

Afterward we ate at Olive Garden in Joplin. We had soup and salad.

We attended the campground business meeting but we didn't have to deal with the question of selling the campgrounds since they just discussed the budget and acted on the budget. I nominated my daughter for the campgrounds board and she was elected. It sounded like she was interested and she didn't mind my nomination. She was elected.

After that we had homemade ice cream complete with lots of great toppings.

We got home a little after 6:00 and I fed the animals and came in here to finish the day's blog.

I'll do the letters tomorrow morning.

No comments: